About the Awards
Each year the College of the Environment recognizes outstanding members of our College community in the following categories:
- Distinguished Staff Member
- Exceptional Mentoring of Undergraduates Award
- Graduate Dean’s Medalist
- Outstanding Community Impact: Staff or Faculty
- Outstanding Community Impact: Student
- Outstanding Diversity Commitment Award
- Outstanding Researcher
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty
- Undergraduate Dean’s Medalist
Individuals or groups may be nominated for all of the above categories except Graduate and Undergraduate Dean’s Medalist Awards, which are individual awards. Specific eligibility criteria apply to each award.
During Winter Quarter, students, staff, and faculty members can submit nominations for these awards. After all nominations have been received, they are reviewed by ad hoc committees who recommend the top candidates to the Dean for the final decision. Award recipients are selected in March and are notified directly by the Dean, and recognized at the Awards Ceremony in May.