As one of the world’s top environmental science institutions, we have the expertise, reputation and ongoing engagement with partners to help fuel big ideas that create meaningful impact.
The College of the Environment at the University of Washington strives to build a highly collaborative culture that crosses conventional boundaries, driving innovative approaches to scientific research and environmental problem solving. From understanding the mechanisms that drive our changing climate and developing the science that underpins sustainable fisheries management to creating the West Coast’s first earthquake early warning system, our researchers engage at every level to understand our planet and enable more effective stewardship of our planet’s resources.
Explore our research
- From Friday Harbor, Wash. to the Salish Sea, check out the College’s field stations and research fleet
- Learn more about our research units, programs, and centers
- Dive into the College’s major research initiatives
- See what we’re doing to make sure the College’s students, faculty, and staff are equipped with the knowledge and the know-how to communicate their science
- Contribute to our science!