Open to all UW students and alumni, the Environmental Career Fair is an opportunity to explore careers in environmental and natural resources fields.
The Environmental Career Fair features employers from the nonprofit, government, and private sectors with career-level positions and internships. Questions about the career fair can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 UW Environmental Career Fair
Information about next year’s career fair will be posted here as soon as it’s available!
2016 UW Environmental Career Fair
Information for students
The fair was held on February 24, 2016, 11:00 AM-3:00 PM, Mary Gates Hall Commons
Employer Panel, 2:00-3:00 p.m., Career Center Lobby
Aubrey Theiss (Oceanography alumna)
- “I thought it was a great event and worth the trip to Seattle!”
- “Great fair, great employers!”
- “I think the career fair is really helpful to talk to different people and see what is going on in different job fields”
- “I thought the variety of exhibitors was fantastic and offered a diverse group for students to meet with.”
Tips for career fair success
“Show initiative and do your background research. That’ll make you stand out right off the bat. Instead of, “Do you have any openings?,” or “What do you do?” aim for more of a dialogue.” —Preston Martin, NewFields
- Do your Research—Review the employers website before the career fair so your questions are specific to the organization
- Dress professionally—First impressions are important at Career Fairs
- Introduce yourself—Work on your brief elevator speech and tell them what skills, education, and experience you have related to the organization or position
- Leave them with something—Provide them with your resume and contact information
- Get something from the employer—Ask for a business card or contact information for follow-up communication
- For even more tips for career fair success and other job search tips, visit the University of Washington Career Center
- Get more insight for early career success from representatives who attended the 2015 UW Environmental Career Fair
Information for employers
Connect with future environmental professionals at the annual UW Environmental Career Fair, which attracts hundreds of students and recent alumni from a range of environmental fields and disciplines. Whether you are building your contact list for future hires, recruiting interns, or hiring right now, come share your organization’s professional opportunities. Annually over 400 students graduate from the UW College of the Environment with degrees in the following areas:
- Aquatic and Fishery Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Bioresource Science and Engineering
- Earth & Space Sciences
- Environmental Science and Terrestrial Resource Management
- Environmental Studies
- Marine & Environmental Affairs
Online employer registration is closed, but email email@example.com if your organization would like to attend the 2017 fair.