The College of the Environment Career Opportunities page primarily focuses on serving current undergraduate, graduate students and recent alumni. The majority of the jobs posted here require five years of experience or less. For academic positions, we post primarily entry-level positions but nothing directly tied with tenure.
How to evaluate an internship
If you have questions or concerns involving the validity of an internship, please refer to the University of Washington Career Center’s Tips for Evaluating Internships (PDF).
Scam and fraudulent job postings
We review each job posting before it is published on the Career Opportunities page. However, scam employment postings are an unfortunate reality nationally as well as here at the UW. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of a job posting, please do refer to the Scam and Fraudulent Job Postings Guide, provided by the University of Washington Career Center.
Other environmental career resources
Interested job seekers are encouraged to explore these related sites for additional opportunities.
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Global Washington
- Green Jobs Network
- National Council for Science and the Environment environmental internships
- Pacific Science Center
- Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission
- Rocky Mountain Research Station
- The Student Conservation Association (SCA)
- UW Grants and Funding Information Service
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Washington Sea Grant
- Pathways to Science