The College of Environment Awards Ceremony will take place in May. The call for nominations will be sent mid-January, and the nomination window will close at the end of February.
About the Awards
Each year the College of the Environment recognizes outstanding members of our College community in the following categories.
- Distinguished Staff Member
- Exceptional Mentoring of Undergraduates Award
- Graduate Dean’s Medalist
- Outstanding Community Impact: Staff or Faculty
- Outstanding Community Impact: Student
- Outstanding Diversity Commitment Award
- Outstanding Researcher
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty
- Undergraduate Dean’s Medalist
During Winter Quarter, students, staff, and faculty members can submit nominations for these awards. After all nominations have been received, they are reviewed by ad hoc committees who recommend the top candidates to the Dean for the final decision. Award recipients are selected in March and are notified directly by the Dean.
Awardees and nominees are acknowledged at a college-wide reception at the end of the academic year.